There appears to be a growing trend of people who fork out massive amounts of money to save their pet goldfish. The owner of “Mr. Hot Wing,” the goldfish that got braces, and the owner of Courage, a goldfish that recently had an operation to remove a pebbled from its mouth, should get along nicely.
Australian woman Emma Marsh couldn’t bear the thought of losing her pet goldfish Courage after he swallowed a pebble he mistook for a delicious meal, getting it lodged in his mouth.
What’d she do? Rushed him to the vet for a ridiculously expensive operation.
Courage and his rock swallowing incident ended up costing Marsh $377 when everything was all said and done.
“If we did nothing he (Courage) would have starved to death,” said Marsh.
If she had done nothing, at least she could’ve replaced Courage with an army of Courage lookalikes.
Brisbane Bird & Exotic Veterinary Services are to thank for Courage still being alive today. After completing the operation, they said he will recover nicely.